Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

finding a housemate??

Options
  • 16-07-2008 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

i dunno but is this hard to do?? there are 5 of us movin up this year and we sorted out our house last week in rockfeild but we need one more person. trouble is its to share(twin room with 2 single beds) with another girl so naturally enough it must be female. how would you go about tryin 2 find someone? anyone been in the position before..im kinda worried we wont get any1..we defo need 6 or the rent would be much higher
    any1 any ideas?? they wud be much appreciated!

p.s... i know theres a third level accommodation forum but i would like to keep it here cause its related to dundalk I.T and think it might get better answers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I know a few girls looking for a room i'll spread the word, its the best way.

Go to the student union and let them know you have a spare space as well - http://www.dkitsu.ie/index.php?option=com_contact&view=contact&id=2&Itemid=64

If you still dont have anyone come the first week in september get posters up around the college especially over near the SU where the registration will be taking place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭mel(",)

ooooh thanks i shall send them a mail now!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I coulddd be a girl!

FunkZ wrote: »
    I coulddd be a girl!

Your Sig suggests you would'nt be an ideal candidate :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

Damn you for actually finding a house. I've been seaching for 5 lads now for about a month now and no luck so far.

I'm actually getting a bit worried now. I just want a house now so I'm not worried about it all summer. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ramiriquez

I thought there were a good few listed on daft? I'll be moving myself come September so hopefully it aint that hard to find somewhere?

We've been looking on Daft but owners of houses in Rockfield and stuff are saying that they want to get rid of them for the Summer. If they take on students now then the house will be lying idle all Summer. They want people for the Summer and then college time.

This is understandable really. They generally did say to ring back in August and if they are still available, then we should be able to rent then.

Still, I just want a fuppin house now! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭422nd

Pics or GTFO:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭mel(",)

yeah it was hard to find a house! i was on daft.ie most days checkin it out then one day seen this house which said was full for the summer but availaqble from september onwards so we rang straight away! i think he actually had two and they were snapped up by the first viewers! a group of 6 boys i know also looking for rockfield and cant get anything..though the students union accommodation list might help when it comes out..was down rockfield yesterday and half the houses must be empty so i wudnt worry yet! :)

wouldn't worry about finding a house, there will be loads available, take a drive around college heights and college manor theres always signs in the windows saying available to rent, its still in the summer months so alot of them wont be advertising for students just yet.

i got my house only a couple of weeks before college, wouldn't worry too much just get the accomadation list off the SU it should be out this week and get ringing a few places before the leaving cert results are out

• Advertisement

We'll it's the fact that there are 6 of us that I'm looking a house for makes it more worrying. If it was just me then I wouldn't worrying about it.

I think we have a viewing on Wednesday so hopefully it'll do. :pac:

im...LOST wrote: »
    We'll it's the fact that there are 6 of us that I'm looking a house for makes it more worrying. If it was just me then I wouldn't worrying about it.

I think we have a viewing on Wednesday so hopefully it'll do. :pac:

still shouldn't be a problem, loads of houses in college heights and college manor were bought for renting out and theres always some of them empty, most of college heights only holds 5 though, kick one out of the group :D

draffodx wrote: »
    still shouldn't be a problem, loads of houses in college heights and college manor were bought for renting out and theres always some of them empty, most of college heights only holds 5 though, kick one out of the group :D

Got a freakin' class house in College Manor in the end. I'm real happy.

Got a freakin' class house in College Manor in the end. I'm real happy.

I'm always right :D

An invite to some of your parties wouldn't go amiss :D;)

draffodx wrote: »
    I'm always right :D

An invite to some of your parties wouldn't go amiss :D;)

We can all hang around the glow of the 37 inch TV that's included! :pac:

We can all hang around the glow of the 37 inch TV that's included! :pac:

Christ, that wouldn't have been safe in the house i lived in for two years! a Tv, Microwave, table and chairs, pool table and a door ended up outside on the road one night!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Damn you for actually finding a house. I've been seaching for 5 lads now for about a month now and no luck so far.

I'm actually getting a bit worried now. I just want a house now so I'm not worried about it all summer. :(

Update that Sean.... We found our house.

That_Guy wrote: »
    Update that Sean.... We found our house.

I did. I posted an update a few posts below the one you quoted.

I'm going to look for a house today, wish us look!

We got out house, in College Manor. Might still have a double room to rent to two people though, 70 quid each. Ahhh effort but at least we got a gaf!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Roisin89

I'm looking for a house atm too! Anyone need an extra housemate, let me know! ;)

We got out house, in College Manor. Might still have a double room to rent to two people though, 70 quid each. Ahhh effort but at least we got a gaf!

70 a week inclusive of bills or not?

Ours is 65 a weeks and it's the shiz tbh. It's the best college house I've ever seen and I'm not lying. :D

Doesn't include bills. Ah I'm getting pissed off with this house already. 70 quid a week to share a room with someone like, doesn't include bills either. But the house itself is class... 350 deposit each. It's 1680 a month...

Does yours include bills?

Roisin89 wrote: »
    I'm looking for a house atm too! Anyone need an extra housemate, let me know! ;)

We definitely need one more room mate anyway. Go to the college accomadation forum and talk to Laura Can!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭jujumushu

like a coke can but so much better!

Doesn't include bills. Ah I'm getting pissed off with this house already. 70 quid a week to share a room with someone like, doesn't include bills either. But the house itself is class... 350 deposit each. It's 1680 a month...

Does yours include bills?

Nah, ours is €65 a week excluding bills. I can't remember off hand how much it is a month now.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Nah, ours is €65 a week excluding bills. I can't remember off hand how much it is a month now.

Just multiply it by four and there's your rough answer.

Who else said they're living in College Manor?

I'll see you and say "hey there's that person who's also on boards.ie".

Who else said they're living in College Manor?

I'll see you and say "hey there's that person who's also on boards.ie".

dkit boards beers somewhere in college manor!? :D

Smart ass. Actually, you'd have to multiply buy 4 and then mulitply that by 5.

65 * 4 = 260

260 * 5 = 1 300

So, the house is €1300 a month.
    dkit boards beers somewhere in college manor!?

We should have a meet up. We talked about his last year and it never happened.

• Advertisement

We should have a meet up. We talked about his last year and it never happened.

yeh no one seemed really up for it last year, be good to get to know a few people more from college life

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement